Teenagers are especially self-conscious and need the confidence that comes from achieving success and knowing that their accomplishments are admired by others.
点睛：are...self-conscious和 need the confidence...为句子的并列谓语部分。第叁个that指导的是以confidence为先行词的定语从句。第二个that教导的是knowing的宾语从句。achieving…和knowing...为并列结构，协同作from的宾语。
1. with 名词 以后分词或过去分词所组成的单独主格：
The typical teenage lifestyle is already filled with so much competition that it would be wise to plan activities in which there are more winners than losers.
点睛：句中满含so…that...的构造，表示“太…以至于／招致”。it为that指导的结果状语从句的花样主语，不定式结构to plan...为实在的主语。which指引的是以activities为先行词的定语从句，个中more…than…是数豆蔻梢头数二的可比结构。be filled with意为“充满”。
The hall quickly started to fill up.
fill sth. doing sth.占据（时间）做某事
Harry filled his spare time playing basketball.
fill yourself( with)吃饱
Don't fill yourself with sweets.
fill sth. out填写某物
You should fill out the form.
1) With the prices and house rents increasing rapidly, many young university graduates cannot earn their living, let alone support their parents. (21 words)
It was not until the 19th century that the newspaper became the dominant pre-electronic medium, following in the wake of the pamphlet and the book and in the company of the periodical.
点睛：句中包蕴it is…that.…的重申句式，被强调的是not until the 19th century那不经常刻状语，that之后的局地保险正规陈说语序。未来分词短语following...作句子的陪同状语，在那之中in the wake of意为“紧跟，效仿”，in the company of意为“伴随，陪伴”。
It is not until...that...
It was not until he told me that I knew it,
Not until he told me did I know it.
As time went by, computers became smaller and more powerful, and they became "personal" too, as well as institutional, with display becoming sharper and storage capacity increasing.
点睛：as time went by为时间状语从句。as well as institutional为补语。介词短语with...作句子的陪同状语，此中display是名词，意为“荧屏”。
如今停止已经学习了罗马尼亚语句子的多样为主组织 -> 哪三种？
2. not so much … as … (=less … more …) 的译法：
It was within the computer age that the term "information society" began to be widely used to describe the context within which we now live.
点睛：句中带有it is...that...的强调句式，被强调的是岁月状语within the computer age；which教导的是以context为先行词的定语从句，关系代词which在此以前的介词within和从句中的谓语动词live构成搭配。
(2012-49) The second, by Joshua Greenberg, takes a more empirical approach to universality, identifying traits (particularly in word order) shared by many languages, which are considered to represent biases that result from cognitive constraints.
2)In order to detect the misprints in a single print, the proofreader has to notice not so much the meaning of what he reads as the exact shape and order of letters and words in the text. (37 words)
People feared that weakening a 21-year-old ban on the sale of ivory would encourage illegal hunting and hurt elephant populations.
9159com金沙网站，先是片段：The second, by Joshua Greenberg, takes a more empirical approach to universality。那是全句的骨干，此中the second指的是上文提到的two previous attempts中的第一回尝试。
3. more … than 的译法：逆序法。
第1局部：identifying traits (particularly in word order)。那是未来分词作者状语，表示伴随状态。有个别考生误感觉identifying作前置定语修饰前面的名词universality，结酚酞致翻译错误。
3) There is more agreement on the kinds of behavior referred to by the term intelligence than there is on how to interpret or classify them. (26 words)
that 教导宾语从句，从句中谓语动词是encourage和hurt，依照逻辑意义，可以预知encourage和hurt 的主语是动名词短语weakening a 21-year-old ban on the sale of ivory。
其三部分：shared by many languages。那是过去分词作者后置定语，修饰traits，那意气风发有的较好决断。
第4盘部：which are considered to represent biases。这是八个非限定性定语从句，修饰句中的traits，而有一点考生误认为它修饰的是many languages，结果变成翻译错误。
4) Railroads typically charge such “captive” shippers 20 to 30 percent more than they do when another railroad is competing for the business. (2003试题)
第五片段：that result from cognitive constraints。那是叁个定语从句，修饰句中的biases，那生机勃勃某些也很好剖断，考生出错相当少。
把长句拆分完后，接下去将要结合各部分的华语意思了。在组合各部分的国语意思时，考生要留神使译文切合普通话的表述习贯。个中可现在置的、比较短的定语，比如shared by many languages在翻译时要放松权利，太长的定语，例如定语从句，能够断句单独翻译。那样一来，既使句子自然流畅，又不会违反原句意思。
5) They teach very well, and more than earn their salaries, but most of them make little or no independent reflections on human problems which involve moral judgment. (2006试题)
Economists from the University of Sussex analysed findings from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health, a 15-year research project charting the fortunes of a group of thousands of teenagers who attended high schools in the US in the mid-1990s.
参考译文：第一回努力是由乔舒亚•GreenBerg所做，他利用了大器晚成种尤其经历主义的章程相比普及性，明显了成都百货上千语言的共有特征（越发是在语序方面卡塔 尔（英语：State of Qatar），这几个特征被以为呈现了由认识节制诱致的来头。
4. as … as … , as much … as …, as many … as … , as well as …, as 从句，not … , as … 的灵敏译法：
句子主干为Economists analysed findings。from the University of Sussex作economists的定语;from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health 作findings的定语;a 15-year research project作the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health 的同位语;charting ... 作project 的定语;who教导定语从句修饰teenagers。
6) While there are almost as many definitions of history as there are historians, modern practice most closely conforms to one that sees history as the attempt to recreate and explain the significant events of the past. (36 words)
7) But surely that does not mean environmentalists concerned about uncontrolled industrial growth are anti-science, as an essay in US News & World Report last May seemed to suggest.
Whether you get along well with your professors or not has a huge effect on your self growth as it is a measure of how well you can respect authority and obey requirements.
5. what从句的译法 - what词义的引申译法：
8) What he has demonstrated, he believes, is that lack of control over an event, not the experience itself, is what weakens the immune system. (24 words)
此句为复合句，句中whether带领主语从句，as 引导原因状语从句，how well 辅导从句作介词of 的宾语。
9)On the whole, such a conclusion can be drawn with a certain degree of confidence, but only if the child can be assumed to have had the same attitude towards the test as the others with whom he is being compared, and only if he was not punished by lack of relevant information which they possessed. (58 words)
Some companies have made the manufacturing of clean and safe products, to some degree, their main selling points and emphasize it in their advertising.
实际上本句是叁个“主语 谓语 宾语 宾语补足语”句型“make 宾语 宾补”，即“使……成为……”，只可是宾语和宾补被“to some degree”隔断而已。
10)This assumption rests on the fallacy of the inherent laziness in human nature; actually, aside from abnormally lazy people, there would be very few who would not want to earn more than the minimum, and who would prefer to do nothing rather than work.
That English is important is an undoubted fact.
The fact that members of one culture do not express their emotions as openly as do members of another does not mean that they do not experience emotions.
English is important is an undoubted fact.
The criminal confessed his sins harmed many people.
本句的中央为The fact does not mean that ...，当中，that they do not experience emotions 是从句作mean 的宾语。that members of one culture do not express their emotions as openly as do members of another 为fact 的同位语从句，个中as do members of another 是状语从句，助动词do 位于主语members of another 前产生倒装，主语后省略了express their emotions。
11)There is no agreement whether methodology refers to the concepts peculiar to historical work in general or to the research techniques appropriate to the various branches of historical inquiry. (29 words) 译法：上边整句选拔逆序法翻译。
The criminal confessed that his sins harmed many people.
He said no word at the meeting was strange.
11. not 谓语动词 … because … 的否定转移译法：
That he said no word at the meeting was strange.
1.First put forward by the French mathematician Pierre de Format in the seventeenth century, the theorem had baffled and beaten the finest mathematical minds, including a French woman scientist who made a major advance in working out the problem, and who had to dress like a man in order to be able to study at the Ecolab polytechnique.
12)Individual manufacturers do not necessarily rely on their relatives because they cannot obtain financial support from commercial banks. They may actually avoid them because they assume that the banks either cannot understand their special needs or charge unreasonably high interest rates. (41 words)
That the seas are being overfished has been known for years.
The seas are being overfished has been known for years.
That the plates are moving is not beyond dispute.
- It is difficult to measure the quantity of paper used as a result of use of Internet-connected computers, although just about anyone who works in an office can tell you that when e-mail is introduced, the printers start working overtime. That is, the growing demand for paper in recent years is largely due to the increased use of the Internet.
12. not that … , but that …或强调格局：It is not that …, but that … 的汉语翻译：
The plates are moving is not beyond dispute.
13)Our boast is not that we have more ideas or brilliant ideas but that our ideas are better tested.
My concern is that the child should be sent to school.
My concern is the child should be sent to school.
- Perhaps the best sign of how computer and internet use pushes up demand for paper comes from the high-tech industry itself, which sees printing as one of its most promising new market.
13. It was not until that … 与Not until … 的译法：
9159com金沙网站：调整长句语序，每日阅读。 14)As was discussed before, it was not until the 19th century that the newspaper became the dominant pre-electronic medium. (=It was discussed before that not until the 19th century did the newspaper become the dominant pre-electronic medium.)
If vs whether
- The action group has also found acceptable paper made from materials other than wood, such as agricultural waste.
14. as 携带的分歧通常状语从句的译法：当作定语从句来翻译
15)Dr. Pyke contended that the scientific revolution, as we call it, is largely the improvement and invention and use of a series of instruments that expanded the reach of science in innumerable directions.
If he comes or not makes no difference. -> whether
The question is if he will come. -> whether
- Mostly borrowed from English and Chinese, these terms are often changed into forms no longer understood by native speakers.
15. cannot… too … 的译法: 再…也可是分，越…越好，应该…
未曾if or not, 可以说if ... or not, whether无此节制。
I don't know if or not he comes. -> whether or not
越来越多音信请访谈：今日头条考研频道 考研论坛 考研博客圈
- It is one of many language books that are now flying off booksellers’ shelves.
- The mass media and government white papers play an important part in the spread of foreign words.
简析：关键词the mass media and government white papers大众传媒和内阁黄皮书。
8.Tales from Animal Hospital will delight all fans of the programme and anyone who was a lively interest in their pet, whether it be a cat 、dog or snake!
That the seas are being overfished has been known for years.
That the plates are moving is not beyond dispute.
That English is important is an undoubted fact.
- Newton is shown as a gifted scientist with very human weaknesses who stood at the point in history where magic ended and science began.
That he doesn't understand English is obvious.
That the world is round is a fact.
That the moon itself does not give off light is common knowledge.
- But for all the texts that are written, stored and sent electronically, a lot of them are still ending up on paper.
It has been known for years that the seas are being overfished.
It is not beyond dispute that the plates are moving.
It is an undoubted fact that English is important.
11.With their shining brown eyes, wagging tails, and unconditional love, dogs can provide the nonjudgmental listeners needed for a beginning reader to gain confidence, according to Intermountain Therapy Animals in salt Lake City.
It is obvious that he doesn't understand English.
It is a fact that the world is round.
It is common knowledge that the moon itself does not give off light.
- The Salt Lake City public library is sold on the idea.
简析：关键词sell on 使接受。
- Discovered by the Portuguese admiral of the same name in 1506, and settled in 1810, the island belongs to Great Britain and has a population of a few hundred.
Whether he comes or not makes no difference to me.
- They had no connection with the outside world for more than a thousand years, giving them plenty of time to build more than 1000 huge stone figures, called moat, for which the island is most famous.
What we need is wholly new kind of police force.
What he told you is true.
- Our parties are aimed for children 2 to 10 and they’re very interactive and creative in that they build a sense of drama based on a subject.
When the meeting is to be held has not yet been decided.
Why he refused to cooperate with us is still a mystery.
简析：关键词aim for 针对;in that 在于。
- The most important idea behind the kind of party planning described here is that it brings parents and children closer together.
We know (that) the world is round.
I think (that) a sound knowledge of grammar is indispensable to good writing.
17.He had realized that the words: “one of six to eight” under the first picture in the book connected the hare in some way to Katherine of Aragon, the first of Henry VIII’s six wives.
I don't know if/whether he needs my help.
No one knew whether or not interest rates would rise.
18.Until one day he came across two stone crosses in Ampthill park and learnt that they had been built in her honor in 1773.
简析：关键词come across恰好碰上，in one’s honor回看有些人。
I have not decided whom I should vote for.
- It is Sue Townsend’s musical play, based on her best-selling book.
No one knows exactly how speech began.
Could you tell me where the post office is?
We don't know why he did not come yesterday.
- Gold is one of a growing number of shoppers buying into the organic trend, and supermarkets across Britain are counting on more like him as they grow their organic food business.
My idea is that the child should be sent to school.
简析：关键词count on 依赖。
- Supporters of underground development say that building down rather than building up is a good way to use the earth’s space.
My concern is whether he comes or not.
简析：关键词rather than 而不是。
Money is what we are badly in need of.
- Those who could were likely to name a woman.
He was prepared to prove his theory that two different weights would fall to the ground at the same time.
简析：省略句who could (name a best friend )承前省。
The fact that he succeeded in the experiment pleased everybody.
- In general, women’s friendships with each other rest on shared emotions and support, but men’s relationships are marked by shared activities.
The rumor that Tom was thief turned out to be untrue.
They spread the lie everywhere that Tom was guilty of the theft.
简析：关键词rest on 依靠。
24.For the most part, interactions between men are emotionally controlled —a good fit with the social requirements of“manly behavior”.
They are faced with the problem whether they should continue to work.
简析：关键词for the most part就大多数来说。
The question who should go abroad on this business tour requires consideration.
25.Whereas a woman’s closest female friend might be the first to tell her to leave a failing marriage, it wasn’t unusual to hear a man say he didn’t know his friend’s marriage was in serious trouble until he appeared one night asking if he could sleep on the sofa.
I have no idea when he will return.
简析：夹杂多样语法结构not unusual=usual; not…until…，直到…才…。
- Before 1066, in the land we now call Great Britain lived peoples belonging to two major language groups.
- If this state of affairs had lasted, English today would be close to German.
- We even have different word for some foods, meat in particular, depending on whether it is still out in the fields or at home ready to be cooked, which Shows the fact that the Saxon peasants were doing the farming. while the upper-class Normans were doing most of the eating.
- When Americans visit Europe for the first time, they usually find Germany more “Foreign” than France because the German they see on signs and ads seems much more different from English than French does.
The woman is a famous dancer and she lives next door.
- Some companies have made the manufacturing of clean and safe products their main selling point and emphasize it in their advertising.
The woman is a famous dancer who (and she) lives next door.
The woman who lives next door is a famous dancer.
- After their stay, all visitors receive a survival certificate recording their success, that is, when guests leave the igloo hotel they will receive a paper stating that they have had a taste of adventure.
I like guys and they have a good sense of humor
Anger is a thief who steals away the nice moments.
- The major market force rests in the growing population of white-collar employees, who can afford the new service, in other words, Shanghai’s car rental industry is growing so fast mainly due to the increasing number of white-collar employees.
I‘d really like to find a friend and I can trust him completely.
简析：关键词rest in 依赖。
- That you won’t be for long means it won’t be long before you’ll have to recycle your rubbish.
I‘d really like to find a friend and I can trust who completely.
I‘d really like to find a friend who I can trust completely.
- These words, I have just made up, have to stand for thing and ideas that we simply can’t think of.
He is the best grammar teacher who I have ever seen.
简析：关键词make up 编造。
I am talking about friends and you can share almost everything with him.
- Picturing(Imagining) the future will serve the interests of the present and future generations.
I am talking about friends and you can share almost everything with who.
- Decision thinking is not unlike poker — it often matters not only what you think, but also what others think you think and what you think they think you think.
I am talking about friends who you can share almost everything with.
I like the people who I work with.
简析：含较复杂的句型结构not unlike=like not only…but also…不唯有…何况…
- The easy way out isn’t always easiest.
I am talking about friends who you can share almost everything with.
简析：关键词the way out 毁灭难题的点子。
38.The hot sun had caused the dough to double in size and the fermenting yeast made the surface shake and sigh as though it were breathing and it looked like some unknown being from outer space.
I am talking about friends with whom you can share almost everything.
I know a friend. His brother is a pop singer.
- After all, what lively children wouldn’t settle for spending only half the day doing ordinary school work, and acting, singing or dancing their way through the other half of the day?
I know a friend whose brother is a pop singer.
- Dad, in a hurry to get home before dark so he could go for a run, had forgotten wear his safety belt—a mistake 75% of the US population make every day.
简析：关键词for a run去跑步。
41.The summit was to mark the 25th anniversaryof president Nixon’s journey to China, which was the turning point in China-US relations.
- Many of the problems are of college level and these pupils can figure them out.
简析：关键词be of college level 高校水平，figure out解决，解答。
- Rising through the roof is the Tower of the Sun, inside Which stands a 160- –foot –tall Tree of Life.
- The present question is that many people consider impossible what is really possible if effort is made.
- Ill and suffering as she was after the inhuman punishment, she yet remained so cheerful and confident, eager to devote the little strength left to her to helping the other comrades.
- Freed from TV, forced to find their own activities, they might take a ride together to watch the sunset.
- I went around to the front of the house, sat down on the steps, and, the crying over, I ached, And my father must have hurt, too, a little.
- It covered the whole distance from broken –hearted misery to bursting happiness—too fast.
49.Still, he could not help thinking that if anything should happen, the nearest person he contact by radio, unless there was a ship nearby, would be on an island 885 miles away.
- After all, eighty was a special birthday, another decade lived or endured, just as you choose to look at it.
简析：关键词endure (stand; bear; put up with)忍受。
- News reports say peace talks between the two countries have broken down with no agreement reached.
简析：关键词break down退步，reach an agreement达成左券。
- The old couple have been married for 40 years and never once have they quarreled with each other.
- After all, Ed’s idea of exercise has always beennothing more effort-making than lifting a fork to his mouth.
54.As a result , at the point in our game when I’d have figured on (predicted) the score to be about 9 to 1 in my favor , it was instead 7 to 9 — and Ed was leading.
简析：关键词figure on揣度，推测;in one’s favor对某一个人有利。
55.So when Ed arrived for our game not only with the bottom of his shirt gathered inside his trousers but also with a stomach you could hardly notice , I was so surprised that I was speechless , my cousin must have made an effort to get himself into shape .
简析：含有not only…but also…及so…that…的句型结构，must have P.P表示对过去真相的揣度。
56.In a way , I think we both won : I the game , but cousin Ed my respect.
- It is said in Australia there is more land than the government knows what to do with it.
- The research is so designed that once begun nothing can be done to change it.
- The mother didn’t know who to blame for the broken glass as it happened while she was out.
简析：关键词be to blame受责备。
60.When I was in the army I received an intelligence test that all soldiers took, and , against an average of 100 , scored 160.
61.We didn’t plan our art exhibition like that but it worked out very well
简析：关键词work out 结果是……
- The home improvements have taken what little there is of my spare time .
简析：句型结构little of的用法，例We see very little of our children (we do not see them often) now that they are grown up.孩子们早就长大了，所以大家今后相当少见到她们。
- Having suffered such heavy pollution already, it may now be too late to clean up the river.
- Most believe the footprints are nothing more than ordinary animal tracks , which had been made larger as they melted and refroze in the snow.
简析：关键词nothing more than only。
- But if they ever succeed in catching one, they may face a real problem: would they put it in a zoo or give it a room in a hotel?
- With production up by 60%, the company has had another excellent year.
- The WTO cannot live up to its name if it dose not include a country that is home to one fifth of mankind.
简析：关键词live up to one’s name 表里相符。
- It is the ability to do the job that matters not where you come from or what you are.
简析：重申句型It is 强调某些 that / who 从句。
- How could I ever get him to finish unloading the car without screaming at me and making a scene in front of the other girls, who I would have to spend the rest of the year with?
简析：关键词make a scene 大喊大叫，出洋相。
70.Dad’s face turned decidedly less red before he could bring out a “yes”.
- Soon I heard a sound like that of a door burst in , and then a climb of feet.
- Father took the still smoking pistol from my hand, and fired another shot, which killed the gorilla.
简析：关键词fire another shot 又开了后生可畏枪。
73.It happened that father had sent us upstairs because he thought he would be able to lock the door—which was twenty feet away—before the animal reached it.
简析：句型结构It happened that…事情爆发是这么的…
- He certainly looked the part all right, he thought, as he admired himself in the mirror.
- He put his head in his hands and tried to remember his lines, but nothing came to his mind.
简析：迂回表达nothing came to his mind=He remembered nothing.
- In fact the more he watched the play, the more he felt himself part of it.
简析：句型结构the more…the more…越…越…
- Instead she took a short walk in a park nearby and came home, letting herself in through the back door.
简析：分词短语letting herself in 作状语。
- She settled down to wait and see what would happen.
简析：关键词settle down to do sth 放平心态做…
- Picking up the kettle of boiling water, she moved quietly towards the door.
- A sharp cry was heard outside as the wire fell to the floor and the hand was pulled back, which was followed by the sound of running feet.
- It wasn’t long before the police caught the thief.
简析：句型结构It wasn’t long before 从句，比相当的慢就…
- Then, I noticed a tall man by the door, carrying something covered with brown paper.
- Turning to my next customer, I was terrified to see a gun stuck out of his coat.
84.“Smith!” the manager cried out in a voice like thunder “None of your excuses! Go start work at once! ”
- Waiting above the crowded streets, on top of a building 110 stories high, was Philippe Pettit.
- Philippe took his first step with great care. The wire held Now he was sure he could do it.
87.And thousands of terrified(badly frightened)watchers stared with their hearts beating fast.
- Already she does many things a human being can do.
- She even enjoys watching television before going to bed.
- The measure of a man’s real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.
91.Thirty years after being introduced to McCauley’s words, they still seem to me the best yardstick, because they give us a way to measure ourselves rather than others.
简析：关键词introduce引见，例：Let me introduce you to the pleasures of wine-tasting让自家给您说说品酒的童趣。
- Few of us are asked to make great decisions about nations going to war or armies going to battle, but all of us are called upon daily to make a great many personal decisions.
- Here’s a fellow who just walks into a bank and helps himself to so much money.
简析：help oneself to私下拿走。
- Todd thought of the difficulty with which he managed to get the amount of money he needed to start his gas station.
- Don’t pick up strangers and all your folks in gas stations better not do service to a white Ford car.
- “Fill her up”, the man said sounding like any other driver.
简析：关键词sound like 听上去像…
- It seemed that there was no suitable work for him.
- But when John and his fellow soldier came in sight some of the people watching couldn’t help laughing at the one who couldn’t keep pace with the others as they march along.
简析：句子结构较复杂，关键词keep pace with 与…步伐风流倜傥致。
- They not only make it difficult to sleep at night, but they are doing damage to our houses and shops of historical interest.
简析：句型结构not only…but …不独有…而且…
- Hary also studying biology said they wanted to make as much noise as possible to force the government officials to realize what everybody was having to stand.